Shipping boxes - stable, versatile, sustainable
In 2020, Deutsche Post alone delivered more than 1.6 billion parcels. In total, the number of shipments that all courier, express and parcel services transport yearly in Germany is more than 3 billion. Shipping boxes play a prominent role in this.
This is because shipping boxes offer a variety of excellent features for transporting a wide range of goods, making them the ideal choice for safe shipping.
STABLE & VARIABLE
Stable corrugated cardboard provides optimal protection for the packaged goods on the road. At the same time, it is light enough to enable economical shipping, can be easily printed and finished, and can be adapted to your individual requirements in almost every way. From the size to the type of base, with us you enjoy all the freedom in the design of your shipping and product packaging.
In addition, our corrugated cardboard shipping boxes are a sustainable packaging product. The boxes are made from 100 percent recycled paper. And after use, they can be recycled completely. With the shipping boxes from packaging-warehouse you get an excellent product that meets all the requirements of contemporary, efficient and sustainable packaging.
What distinguishes shipping boxes from packaging-warehouse?
To ensure that products can be transported cost-efficiently and safely, shipping cartons should fit the product perfectly. At packaging-warehouse, we are specialized in making even complex processes such as the configuration of an individual shipping box as transparent and clear as possible. With the help of our intelligent configurator, you can clearly coordinate all the adjusting screws - no matter whether you are already a professional in the field of packaging or are new to the subject.
The smart configurator already makes some settings automatically to make the entire process as clear and simple as possible. For example, the printing technology that is the most favorable solution for the desired order quantity is always selected. Of course, you can change these settings at any time.
Another point that makes our service stand out is the cost-efficient realization of short runs thanks to digital printing technology. The flexibility of digital printing means that even individually printed short runs are possible, for example with consecutive serial numbers.
Thanks to our express production, your order can be produced in just 5 business days and thanks to the free formats can be produced in exactly the format that suits your product.
The advantages of packaging-warehouse at a glance:
Full surface printing
Our shipping boxes can be printed all over - inside and out. This gives you all the visual design tools you need to set your shipping box apart from the competition. Whether you use digital or offset printing is up to you. Our configurator always automatically selects the most cost-effective technology for your order.
Cartons made to measure
By being able to specify your own format, you not only save the cost of unnecessary packaging and filling material, but also save valuable resources and reduce the burden on the environment.
5 days express production
In addition to our standard service, you always have the option of our express service at packaging warehouse. We produce your order within 5 working days, so that your delivery arrives as quickly as possible.
Many different materials
At packaging warehouse you have a wide range of different materials to choose from when configuring your shipping box. Whether you choose natural, recycled or chromo board, for example, the quality is always at the highest level.
Cut a good figure everywhere - our shipping boxes
According to the Verband der Wellpappen-Industrie e.V. (Association of the Corrugated Cardboard Industry), corrugated cardboard accounts for around two-thirds of all transport packaging used for shipping goods in Germany. Foils follow only at a far distance - more than 50 percent separate the two packaging materials. Around 6 million tons of corrugated cardboard were produced in Germany in 2019. This corresponds to over 10 million square meters that were processed into transport packaging.
Because of their versatility, corrugated cardboard shipping boxes are used in almost all industries. Because different requirement profiles of trade and industry pose no problems for the number 1 transport packaging material. Whatever you want to pack and ship: it's in good hands in a corrugated cardboard box!
FOOD & BEVERAGES
The food industry is the largest customer for corrugated cardboard transport packaging. Almost all foodstuffs can be safely shipped using such shipping cartons. In this case, that means:
- Sensitive fresh products such as fruit and vegetables are optimally protected by the sturdy cartons at all times - during loading, intermediate storage and transport, the food remains intact.
- Shipping boxes made of corrugated cardboard can be treated in such a way that they have no effect on the properties of the packaged food and prevent migration of harmful substances.
Baked goods, candy, flour, sugar, pasta, rice, beverage bottles - with our shipping boxes you can safely and efficiently pack a wide range of different food and beverage products.
CHEMICAL INDUSTRY & AGRICULTURE
Other important customers for corrugated cardboard transport packaging are the chemical industry and agriculture. For the products from these two industries, the protective function also means above all preventing possible migration - but in both directions.
The products of the two sectors are to be protected from external influences, for example moisture. Conversely, in many cases it must be ensured that these do not pass through the barrier of the packaging to the outside (for example, potentially hazardous substrates, fertilizers, etc.).
This often calls for a robust material for the packaging materials that can cope with heavier weights if necessary. Here, corrugated cardboard can also keep up without difficulty. With the right combination of suitable flute and base type, our shipping boxes can handle shipping weights of up to 32 kilograms.
Online retailing continues to boom - not least because everything from luxury items to everyday objects can be purchased via digital channels. Popular items include a wide range of electronic devices.
These vary greatly in size, shape and weight, which is why transport requires packaging that can be adapted to the product in question:
- At packaging-warehouse, you can configure corrugated cardboard shipping boxes conveniently and easily - exactly the way you need them.
- Thanks to the robustness of corrugated cardboard, you don't have to worry about damage from pressure loads or impacts - our shipping boxes can take a beating.
The numerous design options also help to ensure that your shipping boxes convey the high-quality packaged goods inside even before they are unpacked. For example, with unique printing and/or special finishing.
The perfect shaft for your shipping boxes
Not all corrugated cardboard is the same. Although the name-giving principle is always the same, different versions of the flutes are differed. Depending on the structure, the individual flutes are more suitable for certain applications. In our assortment, you can therefore choose between several waves - and thereby assemble the shipping boxes that have the optimal properties for your needs.
WHICH SHAFT DO YOU NEED?
Basically, corrugated cardboard is available as a 1-corrugated or multi-corrugated (2- or 3-corrugated) variant. More flutes always mean more layers and therefore more stability. So the larger your shipping box and the heavier the contents, the more flutes should be used. In addition to the positions, the different types of waves each have their own wave divisions and wave heights. This refers to how high the wave is and how far apart neighboring wave peaks are.
At packaging-warehouse we use E, B and EB flutes for our shipping boxes. This guarantees a wide range of possible applications.
- E-flute: E-shaft: With the so-called "microwave", the shaft height is a "slim" 1.5 mm. However, this is still sufficient to withstand a maximum surface load of up to 10 kilograms. The E-flute is particularly suitable for smaller shipping boxes with relatively light packaged goods. The biggest advantage compared to thicker types of corrugation: it can be printed on best and so offers a lot of creative scope for individual design.
- B-flute: Twice as high as the E shaft, the B shaft is still considered a "fine shaft". It is often a component of multi-flute board, but can also be absolutely convincing on its own. Smaller products up to a maximum surface load of around 15 kilograms can be accommodated very well in B flute cartons. Just like the smaller E flute, the B flute is particularly suitable for product packaging where appearance plays an important role.
- EB-flute: The combination of E and B flutes ensures even greater robustness. With a flute height of 4.5 mm, corrugated cardboard with the EB flute is still comparatively thin. Because it can withstand a surface load of up to 20 kilograms, you can easily use it to pack large and heavy products - especially together with a solid folding base, you get reliable transport packaging.
The right shipping box for your products
It is not only the corrugated cardboard type that determines the degree of robustness of your shipping boxes. The type of base construction also has a major influence. It is also an important factor for handling. We offer different bottom types for our shipping and product packaging. Many different FEFCO cartons
BOTTOM TYPES FOR PRODUCT PACKAGING
At packaging warehouse you will find a wide range of corrugated cardboard folding boxes:
- Folding carton: The classic among shipping packaging is characterized by its simple design and simple handling. It's no surprise that the FEFCO 0201 shipping carton made of sturdy corrugated cardboard is one of the most popular packages in e-commerce and mail order worldwide.
Folding cartons are also very easy to fill automatically and are available with many different variants:
- Tuck-in flap: A simple and practical solution for closing corrugated cardboard packaging. The tuck-in flap simply prevents the bottom from opening again on its own - without the need for any additional sealing material.
- Snap lock base: The cartons with snap lock base can be set up in just a few steps, without any accessories such as parcel tape. This type of base is particularly suitable for transport by roller conveyor because it can not get hooked. The special advantage of the base construction: The weight of the packaged goods additionally strengthens the base area and improves stability and the protective function.
- Crash lock base: Compared to the tuck-in flap and snap lock base, the crash lock base is suitable for packaging heavier products. Glass vials or jars are therefore best contained in a shipping carton with crash lock base. This is made possible by the fact that the folded base is already glued. This also saves time and material when setting up and filling.
- Corrugated cardboard folding carton: For fragile goods shipment or for those with particularly high weight, the FEFCO 0713 type shipping box is the best choice. The classic among the shipping packaging is characterized by the easy construction and simple handling. Another very popular packaging solution is the FEFCO 2011 folding carton, which scores with its smart base design. The base is easy to handle and extremely stable. No surprise that it is one of the most popular packaging in e-commerce and mail order worldwide.
- Hinged lid box: Our FEFCO 0427 shipping boxes with hinged lids have a practical feature that is particularly helpful in e-commerce: their lids are resealable. Optimal for returns and not least because of this feature one of our bestsellers.
- Hinged-lid box, with adhesive strip: For all goods with higher weight, our corrugated cardboard products are the best choice. For an even more pleasant unboxing experience and also secure return shipping, our FEFCO 0885 type box is suitable. It is very easy to open and reseal and is one of the most convenient and popular packaging for customers.
BASE TYPES FOR SHIPPING PACKAGING
Our shipping packaging is also available with different base or closure options:
- Folding bottom: The folding bottom allows you to quickly assemble the box. Tape or other tools are required for fastening. Together with our EB corrugated cardboard, the folding bottom is best suited for shipping large and heavier products.
Reinforcement for our product and shipping boxes
In order to fix products or present them appropriately, at packaging warehouse you can rely on a wide range of inlays and slipcases that can be perfectly combined with all boxes and cartons:
- Reinforcement inlay: Our corrugated cardboard reinforcement inlay is particularly suitable for fragile goods, as it not only ensures better fixing of the product within the packaging, but also provides additional protection against external influences such as pressure or impact.
- Slipcase: This practical protection made of corrugated cardboard is slid over the packaging and offers not only additional protection but also the possibility of design - thanks to the option of full-surface printing. Whether classically as protection for books or as a banderole for special products: Our cardboard slipcases made of corrugated cardboard are the perfect extension for your packaging.
- Cardboard insert: This clever option for expanding your shipping or product box also has several advantages and is therefore popular in many different industries. For one, it can be designed to provide perfect fixing for single products (such as a bottle) or multiple products (such as chocolates). On the other hand, our inlay / cardboard insert can also be printed over the entire surface, which is used, for example, in the pharmaceutical sector to mark tablet doses with the respective days on which they should be consumed.
Individually printed shipping boxes made to your specifications
Reliable protection, sustainable materials, efficient storage. Our shipping boxes score with many advantages. They become even more attractive - in the truest sense of the word - because you can design them according to your own ideas. Design your own shipping box simply and easily with our configurator!
- More freedom. All shipping and product packaging from packaging warehouse is available in the format of your choice. You can tailor the boxes and cartons to the requirements of your products.
- More creativity. The shipping boxes can be printed over their entire surface. This allows you to integrate your designs into the creation and create packaging with a unique look and real recognition value. We'll tell you what to look for to get the best possible results.
- More protection. Your individual shipping boxes make an even greater impression when protective varnish or protective laminate is applied - either in a glossy or matte finish. Both protect your carton design from scratches or dirt during transport and also contribute to a particularly high-quality look.
As with all products in our range, the same applies to our shipping boxes: If you only need small quantities, that's no problem at all. And regardless of the order quantity, our fast production times ensure that you don't have to wait long for your shipping and product packaging. Best quality in a short time - we at packaging-warehouse make it possible for you!
Our finishes - protection and visual enhancement in one
To protect your cardboard and the printed image even better from scratches, you can choose between two finishing options in our configurator:
The thin layer of varnish on your shipping box ensures that the print image is not damaged by scratches, dirt or even liquids or similar, but it also has another advantage: the gloss makes the print stand out even better and also protects it from fading due to sunlight. The printed image itself appears more detailed and high-quality due to the varnish. Our protective coating is available in both matte and gloss.
Here, the cardboard is not sprayed with a varnish but covered with a thin foil. This makes the outside even more resistant to external influences and the printed image is also optimally protected against scratches and UV radiation. Our laminate is also available in matt or gloss. It offers maximum protection and, like the protective coating, enhances the print image.
Both finishing options are available in our smart configurator and give your shipping box a classy and protective finish.
The most frequently asked questions about our shipping boxes
Q: What is the minimum number of cartons I need to order?
A: We want to be the perfect partner for companies of all sizes - from large corporations to start-ups. Especially for small companies that may even be in the market entry phase with their product, ordering large quantities is not economical or often not realizable at all. At packaging-warehouse there are therefore no minimum order quantities. Starting from one piece we realize the perfect packaging solution for your business.
Q: What are the sizes of shipping boxes?
A: At packaging-warehouse you have the possibility to freely determine the format of your shipping box. For this you have the following dimensions at your disposal: Length 60 - 700 mm, width 60 - 700 mm and height 15 - 250 mm. This makes it possible to configure a variety of formats - from particularly small to particularly large shipping boxes.
You have more questions? No problem, our customer service will help you. All our employees are experts in the field of packaging and are ready to help you with advice and support.
Sustainability at packaging-warehouse
For us, sustainability has been a central idea of our company philosophy even before the word became a trendy term par excellence. Therefore, all our materials are of a sustainable nature:
Although our chromo cartons are made of virgin fibers, the pulp for them comes exclusively from FSC®-certified forestry. The FSC® seal (short for "Forest Stewardship Council®") is awarded exclusively to forestry operations that are managed not only ecologically but also in a socially responsible manner. The forestry operations we select are regularly inspected by the FSC®. This ensures that our virgin fiber cartons are also produced in harmony with nature.
As the name suggests, our pulp board is made of cellulose. The completely wood-free cartons are also bright white thanks to the pigment coating and particularly smooth - perfect conditions for a brilliant print image - without the use of wood.
Recycled cardboard: our coated duplex cardboard consists mainly of secondary fibers up to 99 percent from recycled waste paper. The 1 percent virgin fiber, in turn, comes from FSC®-certified farms. Its natural look and feel make it the perfect solution for natural products.
Our grass cardboard consists of 4 percent grass and 96 percent recycled fiber. Grass is a very rapidly renewable raw material that can also be cultivated almost anywhere. Therefore, less water and energy are needed to grow it than other raw materials, making the production of grass cardboard very sustainable and reducing your carbon footprint.
Our printing methods: Offset and digital printing
At packaging-warehouse, we use only state-of-the-art printing presses. We make use of two different printing technologies, offset and digital printing.
Offset printing is based on the technique of lithography and is known as indirect printing. The ink is first transferred from a physical printing plate to a blanket cylinder and from there it reaches the surface to be printed.
This takes a little more time because a separate printing plate is created for each color and coating. This makes the print image particularly high-quality.
Due to the effort involved, however, offset printing is only really cost-efficient above a certain order quantity, as further costs are incurred here for creating the printing plate and for consumables.
On the other hand, the print result with the offset process is of the best quality.
With digital printing, data is transferred from the cloud or via a USB stick, for example. The advantage here is that since the process is not as costly as offset printing, shorter runs can also be printed cost-effectively.
In addition, thanks to digital data transmission, it is also possible to make individual adjustments within a series without any problems, as is the case when printing a consecutive serial number, for example.
With offset printing, this would involve very high costs as well as a considerable amount of time, as a new printing plate would have to be made each time. Therefore, digital printing is the ideal solution for printing shipping boxes in smaller runs of 1 - 500 pieces particularly well suited.
A third printing process that we also offer is so-called "flexographic printing" - another direct printing process that is particularly suitable for printing large runs of 25,000 cartons or more.
Our intelligent configurator automatically selects the most cost-effective method depending on the quantity you order when you put together your desired product. Of course, you can change this at any time and adapt it to your individual wishes.
The ordering process at packaging-warehouse
Configuring an individual shipping box can be very complex. At packaging-warehouse, we have made it our mission to make this process as simple as possible, yet flexible and with maximum control. We achieve this with our intelligent configurator, which even company managers without much previous knowledge in the field of packaging configuration can use to quickly achieve a professional result.
After you have decided on a specific product, for example a shipping box with a hinged lid, you can first specify the desired quantity. If you make changes in this field (as well as in every other field), the offer is automatically adjusted. This way you always have an overview of the costs.
Then you can choose one of the standard formats or configure the size of your box within the available minimum and maximum values.
In the next step, you decide on the material. Here you can choose between different flutes (E-flute, B-flute or EB-flute) in different color combinations. Then you select whether and how the cardboard is to be printed. Separate fields are available for printing on the inside and outside.
For the print on the outside you can choose between 4/0-color Euroscale and 4/0-color Euroscale + white. For the inside print you can choose between 1-color black or 4/0-color Euroscale.
This is followed by two selection fields for finishes. First, you choose whether you want a protective coating (matte or glossy) for your shipping box. Secondly, you can select the protective laminate that suits you best. Here you also have the choice between matte or glossy, but also soft-touch laminate is available.
The last steps within our intelligent configurator are the additional options and the delivery time. As already mentioned, a basic data check is performed for every print job. In this process, the data format, font and font size as well as the formatting of the color space are checked by our experts as standard. With the additional option Professional Data Check, we also check the margin trim, safety margins, spot colors, resolution, and line thickness.